Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Bub's 18th Birthday!

It actually happened. I don't know how, but it did.  Colin and I are now officially the parents of an adult!  Colton turned 18 years old on December 30th.  We were still in Mimbres at the time, but we headed home after lunch.  He got a berry angel food roll for his first cake with his grandparents, aunt, uncle, great-gramma and cousins:
That evening we took him to dinner with his other grandparents and where did he choose?  Red Lobster, of course!  His favorite!  It was bottomless shrimp and I kid you not - the kid got 5 refills!!
Then it was home for a small family party - the second one. That's all he wanted this year as far as a party goes - and I was prepared to give him a bigger 18th birthday bash!  Oh well.  It was still a great birthday for him.  All he had really asked for, besides some lottery scratch-off tickets was a family getaway to Durango.



We got him a U of Wy license plate:
Cady got him the new book by Donald Trump Jr that he also mentioned he wanted:
And he was so excited that he did get some scratch off tickets!  He scratched  them off right away  and won $6 and was way too excited over that!

He also got a Henry Golden Boy - a .22 lever-action rifle.  That was a special gift his Dad wanted to get him and he was super excited about it:
I think it was a very good 18th birthday celebration!  Now, the countdown until graduation (GULP).




No comments:

Post a Comment